Tuesday 10 April 2012

Party central

For those of you that don't know I have three gorgeous children (well, gorgeous when they're asleep!) I have twin girls that have just turned 6 and little boy who has just turned 4.  Their birthdays are only 5 days apart so we have a very busy birthday week (and the run up to it can be a tad stressful!) We decided, in our stupidity, to do a bigish party for Drew and the girls were having a party at home.  Having been totally oblivious to prices of things like bouncy castles and entertainers I decided to Drew's myself, I mean how hard could it be? Anyway, I did it. We had 20 or so children who played in a big hall, we had pass the parcel (I had loads of games mentally prepared but it turned out I didn't need them!) and then food.  My biggest blessing was that my sister rang up the day before and asked if I needed any help, she is a star!!!!!

Anyway, the stress before that party was the prep, the food and the party favours (I went with a cellophane bag containing a pot of playdough with a cupcake on top) but also the cake.  All I can say is I hope you like it, modesty aside I was really pleased with the way it came out.


Bless him, he really struggled to blow his candles out!



Well that was on the Saturday then we had his birthday on the Wednesday, we had numerous family members come and visit us. Then on the next Saturday we had the girls party, this time a smaller group of children in our (small,small) house.  We decided to do a build a bear party, so basically the kids stuffed their own bear, named their bear and added a wish heart inside it and then they made a necklace for their bear. That just left enough time for a load of party games and food (mercifully we could eat outside as the weather was perfect - almost a heatwave!)  Here's few photos of the party and of course their cakes!





  

Thanks for coping with this long a post! And thank you for visiting despite my long absence!

Hugs, 
Heather





No comments:

Post a Comment