Tuesday 20 July 2010

OLW - Watercolour

Ok, this challenge (Simplicity's One Layer Wednesday) really took me out of my comfort zone.  I could have just coloured an image using my water colours but no, I decided to have a go at colouring my stamp then spritzing.  Turns out I don't really have many stamps that work particularly well with this technique! Oh well just another reason to go and buy more! As if I need a reason! The multicoloured bug is stamped using the watercolour the stamp technique but the others are all stamped using memento fog ink.

Sorry about the photo, I had to take it myself as my dh was busy. Oh and just don't mention the smudge - yes, I tried to rub out my pencil lines before the ink had dried.  Rookie mistake but it turns out I'm a rookie!

1 comment:

  1. like your sentiment says Heather its one of a kind, at least you had the courage to try something new, very cute bug

    ReplyDelete