Sunday 11 April 2010

Flower Power

Inspiration for this card came from three different sources: Elzybells, KWerner Design & CAS

 I have been watching the Elzybells blog for a while and I love their new stamps and I adore Elizabeth's use of kraft cardstock.  My inspiration for this card partly came from this card of her's but seeing as I didn't have any appropriate flower stamps I decided to use my EK Success punches to cut out some stencils and I then used these stencils to sponge daube my ink onto the card.  I'm really pleased with the way this effect worked - fairly sure I'll do this again!  

I also took some inspiration for this card from the latest CAS Fall to layout,  I say inspiration because the more I look at it the more it doesn't fit the sketch (must remember to have the sketch in front of me, not just in my mind!)

I really like Kristina's work and the biggest inspiration I have taken from her is not to be afraid to write your own sentiments. Kristina's writing is gorgeous, mine is less so but for the past year I have been practising my own handwriting so it looks 'professional' enough.  Finally getting to a stage where I'm beginning to like my handwritten sentiments. Thank you Kristina.

Anyway, after all that waffle I hope you like the card!


This card is for these challenges:

CAS - Fall to layout 85
Stamp Something - Stitching (Faux stitching & you could say my flowers are stamped!)
Cupcake - Make your own flowers

5 comments:

  1. Really, really cute! I love the dashes and script with the white gel pen! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is great! Your handwriting is perfect!! Love the choice of colors too :)
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh it's just lovely! Your sentiment is beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something-hope to see you back again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the stenciling on here! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete