Wednesday 26 August 2009

A pile of challenges

I worked quite hard on these, and as I'm staying at my Mum's without all my stash and I was working on the floor not a desk, I feel quite pleased with them! Nothing like blowing your own trumpet, is there!

This first card is for a whole pile of challenges:

Pile it on: Good things com in three's - like my 3 little monkey's!
But in the card sense: 3 ribbons (the 3rd one is hiding behing the flower) 3 flowers (layered, I know it's flimsy!) and 3 papers.

Stamp something: Birthday somethings


Get sketchy Well that was the sketch!

Pollycraft: Favourite things

This definitely uses my favourite things, my nesties and big shot! How did I cope without them? Well, no more dodgy circles for me (well not many anyway!)


Image - Digistamp The Pianist from Digisparkle
Card blank - Elco, Square
Paper - Paper pad free from Quick Cards made Easy Magazine
Flowers - Papermania elements and mini silver brad
Ribbon - Glued flower and straight navy blue ribbon & white sparkly ribbon from stash
Sentiment - Papermania mini birthday clear set
Derwent Coloursoft Pencils, Sansador oil, silver gel pen

This second one is using the sketch from Friday sketchers. I really like Robbie the robot but couldn't work out how to use him. I'm still not convinced it has shown him off properly, I think I needed different colour stars, I don't know. Any suggestions? Please be honest, it's the only way I'll learn! Oh and the blue doesn't look very blue in the photo; I need to practice my photography as well as my colouring!

Image - Digistamp Robbie robot from Digisparkle
Card blank - Elco, Square
Paper - From my stash and embellished with stamp from Papermania Alphamania clear set
Stars - Nesties

Derwnt Coloursoft Pencils, Sansador oil, Black gel pen, Blue ink pad

9 comments:

  1. You did a wonderful job of showing of that robot. I want one of my own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable cards! Great job! Thanks for playing at GS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. darling cards....love your take on the Get Sketchy challenge! Thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. woot woot girl.. both of these are the cutest.
    Thanks for playing with GET SKETCHY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards - love your coloring! Thanks for playing with us at Pile It On!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great take on the Get Sketchy sketch!
    thnx for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your cards - the first one is so sweet

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are fantastic!

    Thanks so much for playing!
    Dee - Pile It On DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two fantastic cards....
    Thanks for joining us at Pollycraft & good luck.
    Emma x

    ReplyDelete