Sunday, 15 January 2012

How are you inspired?

I just thought I would ask the question; where do you find your inspiration? Occasionally I am inspired by sketches, themes or challenges. Very rarely do photo inspiration challenges get my juices flowing but other people's creations do make me wonder how to get the best out of my stash. I am currently trying not to buy anything else to add to my 'stash' despite my desperation for certain products!  Although these next two cards have made me think I 'need' certain bits and bobs!


My latest two cards are definitely inspired by some amazing cardmakers; Torico and Debby Hughes I really love the CASE study Challenge and I love the idea of a popped up panel with a dp behind it. I know the idea is to CASE the main photo not the dt but I just couldn't resist echoing these two!


This is a CASE of Torico's card here, unfortunately there are several bit I would do differently next time (namely use a white card base not cream!) but I do adore that bit of twine for the balloon string. I used a Pollycraft image (Marleys Party) and yes, surprise, surprise coloured with copics!



I adore this card by Debby, I'm just sorry this card doesn't do it justice! btw sorry for the dodgy photo, hubby must be hanging his head in shame that I was willing to show this! Along with some paper from my scraps drawer I used die-namics flat bottom clouds (I buy from My Mum's craft shop as a good place to buy them from in the UK).  I finished it off with a sentiment from the TSG Blossom by Blossom stamp set.


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Heather, inspiration..... sometimes challenges, sketches or blog surfing, but normally I sit down and the first thing I grab whether its certain colour of pens, patterned paper or image and then see where it takes me, sometimes good sometimes bad lol!

    Jo xxx

    ReplyDelete